Our English With Pictures course is affordable and is offered at multiple locations. Nuestro curso de inglés con imágenes es asequible y se ofrece en múltiples lugares.
This course is available in both private classes and in friends & family classes. The course is designed for the low beginner student. Below are some of the characteristics of low beginner and high beginner ESL students.
Low Beginner ESL Student
- Often a new arrival to the United States with little previous English background and has a very limited vocabulary.
- Sometimes lost in the classroom and does not function, comprehend or respond well to spoken or written English.
- Does not have any knowledge of English beyond simple questions like, “What is your name?”
- May respond with “yes” or “no” but not always correctly.
- May not be able to write in Western script.
- Lacks sufficient vocabulary and oral comprehension to be able to follow simple directions or conversations.
What to Expect
Our English With Pictures course includes 20-hours of class time. Each student receives a personal textbook.
Our students can choose to have their classes between:
- 8:00 AM – 10:00 AM
- 10:00 AM – 12:00 PM
- 12:00 PM – 2:00 PM
- 2:00 PM – 4:00 PM
- 4:00 PM – 6:00 PM
- 6:00 PM – 8:00 PM
Our students can choose to have their class:
- 2-days per week
- 3-days per week
- 4-days per week
Our students can choose the duration of their course:
English With Pictures Curriculum
Communicating with friends
- Paired verbs
- Definite article
Describing time/ Reporting events / Checking details
- Reported speech
- Adjectives (present and past participles)
- Adverbs of frequency
Talking about accomodation
- There is/are
- Too much
- Present continuous with future meaning
- Present perfect
Preferences / Hopes / Weather / Offers
- I’d like / I’d rather
- I hope…
- Instead (of)
- 1st Conditional
Clarification / Public transportation
- Paired verbs
- Wh- questions
Describing location / Expressing Possibility
- Modals of possibility
- Not… enough
- Too + adjective
Speculating and justifying
- Reflexive pronouns
- Modals of deduction
- In case…
- Un + adjectives
- Comparatives with than
- You’d better…
Medical Problems / Recommendations
- Interrupted past
- Modals of obligation
Buying / Renting / Size & Distances
- Grammar of numbers
Prices & Sizes
- Other/the others
Ordering in restaurants
Conditions & Consequences
- Adverbs of frequency
Wishes / Congratulating / Saying Goodbye
- As soon as
1. Complete our Enrollment Application.
2. English Los Angeles will contact you within 24-hours to discuss your Enrollment Application and to arrange your payment options.
3. Payment can be made;
a. by using the Zelle banking app, or
b. by appointment in cash at our Silver Lake location.
4. Classes usually start within 1-week after payment is received.
English Los Angeles Locations
Private Course Costs
- English With Pictures $500.00
- Beginner English $500.00
- Intermediate English $500.00
- Advanced English $500.00
- Business English $500.00
- US Citizenship Test $500.00
- TOEFL Preparation $500.00
Friends & Family Course Costs
- English With Pictures $750.00
- Beginner English $750.00
- Intermediate English $750.00
- Advanced English $750.00
- Business English $750.00
- US Citizenship Test $750.00
- TOEFL Preparation $750.00
- Class size 2 – 4 students
Google Translate Available For This Page
Learn English تعلم الإنجليزية Սովորել անգլերեն Научи английски 学英语 學英語
Nauči engleskivvv Učit se anglicky Õpi inglise keelt Matuto ng Ingles
Apprendre l’anglais Lerne Englisch Μαθαίνω Αγγλικά ללמוד אנגלית अंग्रेजी सीखिये
Belajar bahasa Inggris 英語を習う 영어를 배우다 Išmokti angliškai Англи хэл сурах
انگلیسی یاد بگیر Uczyć się angielskiego Aprender inglês ਅੰਗ੍ਰੇਜੀ ਿਸੱਖੋ
Выучить английский язык Учити енглески Aprende inglés เรียนภาษาอังกฤษ
Вчити англійську انگریزی سیکھیے Học tiếng Anh