Our Beginner English course (ESL) is affordable and is offered at multiple locations. This course is available both in-person private classes and in-person group classes. The course is designed for the low and high beginner student. Below are some of the characteristics of low and high beginner ESL students.
Low Beginner ESL Student
- Uses one- or two-word survival utterances, pictures and gestures.
- Cannot write independently.
- Has limited spoken English.
- Can copy but does not understand.
- Can name some letters.
- Can decode and understand the meaning of some sight words
High Beginner ESL Student
- Can understand some directions or conversations but is often hesitant and often misunderstands.
- Has limited vocabulary to commonly used words.
- Reads and writes with great difficulty.
- Often unable to respond to questions because of limited vocabulary.
- Sometimes unable to initiate a conversation because of limited vocabulary.
What to Expect
Our Beginner English course includes 20-hours of class time. Each student receives a personal textbook. Our students are able to choose their class schedules. First, our students can choose to have their classes:
- 2-days per week
- 3-days per week
Second, our students can choose to have their classes between:
- 8:00 AM – 10:00 AM
- 10:00 AM – 12:00 PM
- 12:00 PM – 2:00 PM
- 2:00 PM – 4:00 PM
- 4:00 PM – 6:00 PM
- 6:00 PM – 8:00 PM
Third, our students can choose the duration of their course:
By the end of our Beginner English class, most students who entered as high beginner students are ready to progress to our Intermediate English class. Some students who entered this class as a low beginner student find it beneficial to repeat our Beginner English class. Below is the curriculum we cover in our Beginner English class.
Beginner English Curriculum
- People and Places
- Singular, Plural, and Noncount Nouns
- Proper Nouns
- Possessive Nouns and Pronouns
- Review of Singular, Plural, and Noncount Nouns
- Verbs Used as Nouns
- More Specific Nouns
- Making Descriptions
- Comparisons ad Superlatives
- Verbs and Nouns Used as Adjectives
- Adjective Order
- The Verb Be
- Non-To Be Verbs
- Place, Time, and Frequency
English in the Twenty-First Century: Technology
- General Vocabulary for Technology
- Contacting Other People: The Technology of Communications
- Getting Information: The Media
- Technology in Other Places
- The Numbers from Zero to 1 Million
- Telling the Time and the Date
- Identification Numbers, Telephone Numbers, and Addresses
- Using Whole Numbers
- Using Partial Numbers
- Counting Money
Private Course Costs
- Beginner English $575.00
- Intermediate English $575.00
- Advanced English $575.00
- Business English $575.00
- US Citizenship Test $575.00
- TOEFL Preparation $575.00
- Class size 1 student
Friends & Family Course Costs
- Beginner English $800.00
- Intermediate English $800.00
- Advanced English $800.00
- Business English $800.00
- US Citizenship Test $800.00
- TOEFL Preparation $800.00
- Class size 2 – 4 students
- Each additional student $25
In-Person English Class Enrollment
(1) Complete our In-Person Class Application.
(2) You will receive an email within 24-hours with your payment options. You will have the choice to pay for your class using Zelle or MoneyGram or by making a deposit into our business account at a Wells Fargo bank.
(3) After you complete your class payment;
- First, we will send you an email with your teacher’s name and phone number, and the time and location of your first class close to where you live.
- Second, we will send you an email with your class syllabus before your first class.
- Third, you will receive your text book from Amazon within 1 to 3 days of your class payment.
- Fourth, your class will start within 1-week of when your payment is received.
English Class (ESL) Locations
Los Angeles County
San Bernardino County
San Diego County
Santa Barbara County
NOTE: English Los Angeles also offers Online English Classes.
Google Translate Available For This Page
Learn English تعلم الإنجليزية Սովորել անգլերեն Научи английски 学英语 學英語 Nauči engleskivvv Učit se anglicky Õpi inglise keelt Matuto ng Ingles Apprendre l’anglais Lerne Englisch Μαθαίνω Αγγλικά ללמוד אנגלית अंग्रेजी सीखिये Belajar bahasa Inggris 英語を習う 영어를 배우다 Išmokti angliškai Англи хэл сурах انگلیسی یاد بگیر Uczyć się angielskiego Aprender inglês ਅੰਗ੍ਰੇਜੀ ਿਸੱਖੋ Выучить английский язык Учити енглески Aprende inglés เรียนภาษาอังกฤษ Вчити англійську انگریزی سیکھیے Học tiếng Anh