Our Beginner English course is affordable and is offered at multiple locations. Nuestro curso de Inglés para principiantes es asequible y se ofrece en múltiples lugares.
This course is available in both private classes and in friends & family classes. The course is designed for the high beginner student. Below are some of the characteristics of low beginner and high beginner ESL students.
Low Beginner ESL Student
- Often a new arrival to the United States with little previous English background and has a very limited vocabulary.
- Sometimes lost in the classroom and does not function, comprehend or respond well to spoken or written English.
- Does not have any knowledge of English beyond simple questions like, “What is your name?”
- May respond with “yes” or “no” but not always correctly.
- May not be able to write in Western script.
- Lacks sufficient vocabulary and oral comprehension to be able to follow simple directions or conversations.
High Beginner ESL Student
- Can understand some directions or conversations but is often hesitant and often misunderstands.
- Has limited vocabulary to commonly used words.
- Reads and writes with great difficulty.
- Often unable to respond to questions because of limited vocabulary.
- Sometimes unable to initiate a conversation because of limited vocabulary.
What to Expect
Our Beginner English course includes 20-hours of class time which meet 5-hours per week. Our students can choose to meet;
- 5-days per week / 60- minutes per day (OR)
- 4-days per week / 75-minutes per day (OR)
- 3-days per week / 100-minutes per day (OR)
- 2-days per week / 150-minutes per day
Each student receives a personal textbook. By the end of our Beginner English course, most students who entered as high beginner students are ready to progress to our Intermediate English course. Some students who entered this class as a low beginner student find it beneficial to repeat our Beginner English course. Below is the curriculum we cover in our Beginner English course.
Beginner English Curriculum
- People and Places
- Singular, Plural, and Noncount Nouns
- Proper Nouns
- Possessive Nouns and Pronouns
- Review of Singular, Plural, and Noncount Nouns
- Verbs Used as Nouns
- More Specific Nouns
- Making Descriptions
- Comparisons ad Superlatives
- Verbs and Nouns Used as Adjectives
- Adjective Order
- The Verb Be
- Non-To Be Verbs
- Place, Time, and Frequency
English in the Twenty-First Century: Technology
- General Vocabulary for Technology
- Contacting Other People: The Technology of Communications
- Getting Information: The Media
- Technology in Other Places
- The Numbers from Zero to 1 Million
- Telling the Time and the Date
- Identification Numbers, Telephone Numbers, and Addresses
- Using Whole Numbers
- Using Partial Numbers
- Counting Money
- Call (213) 880-7612 or use our email contact form to learn more about classes in your area.
- New classes start every 1 to 3 weeks.
- We offer both private courses and friends & family courses.
- Class times are flexible for our student’s convenience.
- Payment is due before class starts and can be made either:
- >> In person (by appointment) in the form of cash or money order at: 4949 Tyrone Ave Apt 1C, Sherman Oaks, CA 91423 (OR)
- >> By mail in the form of money order, mail to: English Los Angeles, 4949 Tyrone Ave Apt 1C, Sherman Oaks, CA 91423.
- After payment is made, your teacher in your area will contact you to coordinate your class times and class location.
English Los Angeles Locations
Private Course Costs
- Beginner English $500.00 (4 weeks)
- Intermediate English $500.00 (4 weeks)
- Advanced English $500.00 (4 weeks)
- Business English $500.00 (4 weeks)
- US Citizenship Test $500.00 (4 weeks)
- TOEFL Preparation $500.00 (4 weeks)
Friends & Family Course Costs
- Beginner English $750.00 (4 weeks)
- Intermediate English $750.00 (4 weeks)
- Advanced English $750.00 (4 weeks)
- Business English $750.00 (4 weeks)
- US Citizenship Test $750.00 (4 weeks)
- TOEFL Preparation $750.00 (4 weeks)
- Class size 2 – 4 students
Google Translate Available For This Page
Learn English تعلم الإنجليزية Սովորել անգլերեն Научи английски 学英语 學英語
Nauči engleskivvv Učit se anglicky Õpi inglise keelt Matuto ng Ingles
Apprendre l’anglais Lerne Englisch Μαθαίνω Αγγλικά ללמוד אנגלית अंग्रेजी सीखिये
Belajar bahasa Inggris 英語を習う 영어를 배우다 Išmokti angliškai Англи хэл сурах
انگلیسی یاد بگیر Uczyć się angielskiego Aprender inglês ਅੰਗ੍ਰੇਜੀ ਿਸੱਖੋ
Выучить английский язык Учити енглески Aprende inglés เรียนภาษาอังกฤษ
Вчити англійську انگریزی سیکھیے Học tiếng Anh