Our Intermediate English course is affordable and is offered at multiple locations. Nuestro curso de Inglés Intermedio es asequible y se ofrece en múltiples lugares.
This course is available in both private classes and in friends & family classes. The course is designed for both the low intermediate and high intermediate student. Below are some of the characteristics of low intermediate and high intermediate ESL students.
Low Intermediate ESL Student
- Has gained some confidence with their English and is often willing to participate in English exchange; however, often misunderstands.
- Vocabulary is limited but is actually improving quickly.
- May feel comfortable enough to respond orally despite frequent errors and word selection.
- Needs frequent written and vocabulary support.
- Shows growing confidence in his/her ability to comprehend and respond in English.
High Intermediate ESL Student
- Easily participates in social activities and constantly adds to his/her vocabulary, American culture, and class participation and understanding.
- Speech still exhibits a considerable accent.
- Grammar and vocabulary errors are receding.
- English is changing rapidly as well as his/her confidence level.
What To Expect
Our Intermediate English course includes 20-hours of class time. Each student receives a personal textbook.
Our students can choose to have their classes between:
- 8:00 AM – 10:00 AM
- 10:00 AM – 12:00 PM
- 12:00 PM – 2:00 PM
- 2:00 PM – 4:00 PM
- 4:00 PM – 6:00 PM
- 6:00 PM – 8:00 PM
Our students can choose to have their class:
- 2-days per week
- 3-days per week
- 4-days per week
Our students can choose the duration of their course:
By the end of our Intermediate English course, most students who entered as high intermediate student are ready to progress to our Advanced English course. Some students who entered this class as a low intermediate student find it beneficial nevertheless to repeat our Intermediate English course. Below is the curriculum we cover in our Intermediate English course.
Intermediate English Curriculum
- Noun phrases
- Verb phrases
The verb phrase
- Auxiliary verbs
- Linking verbs
- Irregular verbs
The progressive tenses
- The present progressive
- The past progressive
- The future progressive
The perfect tenses
- The present perfect
- The past perfect
- The future perfect
- Shades of meaning
- Special auxiliaries
The progressive forms of modal auxiliaries
The auxiliary verb do
- Using do in questions
- Using do in negative sentences
The passive voice
- Using the passive
The passive form of modal auxiliaries
- The future tense
- The past tense
The stative passive
- Adjectives and participles
- The progressive form vs. the stative passive
Past participles with get
- Present participles
- Past participles
- Third-person singular and plural
- The verb be
- Expressions of quantity
- Collective nouns
- Auxiliary verbs
- Complex sentences
Agreement with nouns
- Personal pronouns and collective nouns
- Indefinite prounouns
- Complex nouns
- Distinguishing gerunds from present participles
- The possessive
- Coordinating conjunctions
- Conjunctions and their meaning
- Correlative conjunctions
- Subordinating conjunctions
- Adverbs that act as conjunctions
- Compound prepositions
- Noun and pronoun objects
- More than one prepositional phrase
Adjectives and adverbs
Filler subjects and impersonal subjects
- Filler subjects
- Impersonal subjects
- Independent clauses
- Dependent clauses
- Relative clauses
- The period
- The comma
- The semicolon
- The colon
- The question mark
- The exclamation point
- The apostrophe
- Quotation marks
- The hyphen and the dash
- Parentheses and brackets
Capitalization, numbers, and italics
1. Complete our Enrollment Application.
2. English Los Angeles will contact you within 24-hours to discuss your Enrollment Application and to arrange your payment options.
3. Payment can be made;
a. by using the Zelle banking app, or
b. by appointment in cash at our Silver Lake location.
4. Classes usually start within 1-week after payment is received.
English Los Angeles Locations
Private Course Costs
- English With Pictures $500.00
- Beginner English $500.00
- Intermediate English $500.00
- Advanced English $500.00
- Business English $500.00
- US Citizenship Test $500.00
- TOEFL Preparation $500.00
Friends & Family Course Costs
- English With Pictures $750.00
- Beginner English $750.00
- Intermediate English $750.00
- Advanced English $750.00
- Business English $750.00
- US Citizenship Test $750.00
- TOEFL Preparation $750.00
- Class size 2 – 4 students
Google Translate Available For This Page
Learn English تعلم الإنجليزية Սովորել անգլերեն Научи английски 学英语 學英語
Nauči engleskivvv Učit se anglicky Õpi inglise keelt Matuto ng Ingles
Apprendre l’anglais Lerne Englisch Μαθαίνω Αγγλικά ללמוד אנגלית अंग्रेजी सीखिये
Belajar bahasa Inggris 英語を習う 영어를 배우다 Išmokti angliškai Англи хэл сурах
انگلیسی یاد بگیر Uczyć się angielskiego Aprender inglês ਅੰਗ੍ਰੇਜੀ ਿਸੱਖੋ
Выучить английский язык Учити енглески Aprende inglés เรียนภาษาอังกฤษ
Вчити англійську انگریزی سیکھیے Học tiếng Anh