Our U.S. Citizenship Test Preparation course (ESL) is affordable and is offered at multiple locations. This course is available both in-person private classes and in-person group classes. This course is designed for eligible permanent residents (green card holders) who are preparing for their interview and citizenship test to become a US citizen. This course is designed for low beginner, high beginner, intermediate, and upper-intermediate students. Below are some of the characteristics of low beginner (A1), high beginner (A2), intermediate (B1), and upper-intermediate (B2) students.
Low Beginner ESL Student
- Can understand and use familiar everyday expressions and very basic phrases aimed at the satisfaction of needs of a concrete type.
- Can introduce him/herself and others and can ask and answer questions about personal details such as where he/she lives, people he/she knows and things he/she has.
- Can interact in a simple way provided the other person talks slowly and clearly and is prepared to help.
High Beginner ESL Student
- Can understand sentences and frequently used expressions related to areas of most immediate relevance (e.g. very basic personal and family information, shopping, local geography, employment).
- Can communicate in simple and routine tasks requiring a simple and direct exchange of information on familiar and routine matters.
- Can describe in simple terms aspects of his/her background, immediate environment and matters in areas of immediate need.
Intermediate ESL Student
- Can understand the main points of clear standard input on familiar matters regularly encountered in work, school, leisure, etc.
- Can deal with most situations likely to arise whilst travelling in an area where the language is spoken.
- Can produce simple connected text on topics which are familiar or of personal interest.
- Can describe experiences and events, dreams, hopes & ambitions and briefly give reasons and explanations for opinions and plans.
Upper-Intermediate ESL Student
- Can understand the main ideas of complex text on both concrete and abstract topics, including technical discussions in his/her field of specialization.
- Can interact with a degree of fluency and spontaneity that makes regular interaction with native speakers quite possible without strain for either party.
- Can produce clear, detailed text on a wide range of subjects and explain a viewpoint on a topical issue giving the advantages and disadvantages of various options.
What to Expect
Our US Citizenship Test course includes 20-hours of class time. Each student receives a personal textbook. Our students can choose to have their classes between:
- 8:00 AM – 10:00 AM
- 10:00 AM – 12:00 PM
- 12:00 PM – 2:00 PM
- 2:00 PM – 4:00 PM
- 4:00 PM – 6:00 PM
- 6:00 PM – 8:00 PM
Our students can choose to have their class:
- 2-days per week
- 3-days per week
Our students can choose the duration of their course:
Each student receives a personal textbook. By the end of the course, our students know what to expect in their upcoming interviews and tests in order to become a U.S. citizen. Below are the areas we focus on to help our students pass their interview and US citizenship test.
The ability to read in English to a USCIS officer that suggests an understanding of the meaning of a sentence.
The ability to write in English in a manner that would be understandable to a USCIS officer.
The ability to speak in English to answer questions asked by a USCIS officers during the Form N-400 naturalization eligibility interview.
The ability to correctly answer in English any of the possible 100 civics questions of the US citizenship test.
Private Course Costs
- Beginner English – $599
- Intermediate English – $599
- Upper Intermediate English – $599
- Advanced English – $599
- Business English – $599
- US Citizenship Test – $599
- TOEFL Preparation – $599
- IELTS Preparation – $599
- Class size – 1 student
Friends & Family Course Costs
- Beginner English – $799
- Intermediate English – $799
- Upper Intermediate English – $799
- Advanced English – $799
- Business English – $799
- US Citizenship Test – $799
- TOEFL Preparation – $799
- IELTS Preparation – $799
- Class size – 2 to 4 students
- Each additional student – $25
- Returning Student Course Discount – $50
- Household Multi-Course Discount – $25
- Limit – one discount per student
In-Person English Class Enrollment
(1) Complete our In-Person Class Application.
(2) You will receive an email within 24-hours with your payment options. You will have the choice to pay for your class using Zelle or by making a deposit into our business account at a Wells Fargo bank. We also accept payment from PayPal with a 10-day processing time.
(3) After you complete your class payment;
- First, we will send you an email with your teacher’s name and phone number, and the time and location of your first class close to where you live.
- Second, we will send you an email with your class syllabus before your first class.
- Third, you will receive your text book from Amazon within 1 to 3 days of your class payment.
- Fourth, your class will start within 1-week of when your payment is received.
English Class (ESL) Locations
Los Angeles County
Azusa Burbank Burbank South Canoga Park Cerritos Chatsworth Crenshaw Downey Downtown Downtown South Eagle Rock Echo Park Echo Park West El Monte Gardena Gardena North Glendale Glendale West Glendora Granada Hills Hacienda Heights Harbor City Harvard Heights Hollywood Hollywood North Inglewood Inglewood East Koreatown Koreatown West La Puente La Puente North Long Beach North Long Beach Northwest Long Beach West Los Feliz Lynwood Monrovia Montebello North Hollywood North Hollywood West Northridge Norwalk Pasadena Pasadena Central Pasadena South Pasadena West Pomona Rampart Village San Pedro Santa Monica Sherman Oaks Sierra Madre Silver Lake Silver Lake South South Pasadena Sunland-Tujunga Sylmar Tarzana Torrance Valley Village Van Nuys West Hollywood West Los Angeles Westwood Willowbrook Woodland Hills Woodland Hills West
Anaheim Anaheim West Anaheim Central Brea East Buena Park Fountain Valley Irvine Central La Palma Lakewood Los Alamitos Mission Viejo Newport Beach Central Newport Beach South Orange Orange Central Santa Ana Central Santa Ana East Seal Beach Seal Beach East
San Bernardino County
San Diego County
Alpine Black Mountain Chula Vista Chula Vista North Del Cerro El Cajon Escondido Hillcrest Mira Mesa Mountain View Normal Heights North Park Pacific Beach Rancho Bernardo Spring Valley University Heights Vista
Santa Barbara County
NOTE: English Los Angeles also offers Online English classes.
Google Translate Available For This Page
Learn English تعلم الإنجليزية Սովորել անգլերեն Научи английски 学英语 學英語 Nauči engleskivvv Učit se anglicky Õpi inglise keelt Matuto ng Ingles Apprendre l’anglais Lerne Englisch Μαθαίνω Αγγλικά ללמוד אנגלית अंग्रेजी सीखिये Belajar bahasa Inggris 英語を習う 영어를 배우다 Išmokti angliškai Англи хэл сурах انگلیسی یاد بگیر Uczyć się angielskiego Aprender inglês ਅੰਗ੍ਰੇਜੀ ਿਸੱਖੋ Выучить английский язык Учити енглески Aprende inglés เรียนภาษาอังกฤษ Вчити англійську انگریزی سیکھیے Học tiếng Anh
Spanish Speakers: See our free English classes offered in video form. These free English classes are for low beginner (A1) and high beginner (A2) ESL students who speak Spanish. Many students have found our free English classes to be helpful; however, they are not a substitute for our in-person English classes.